It seems like only yesterday that we moved into 500 Interstate Blvd, but in 3 short years, we have already outgrown our space. With the first Apprenti Tennessee class kicking off this month, our four classrooms are in session 6 days a week. Plus, the Nashville Technology Council has generously helped us with overflow class space in the evenings. We are planning more classes to meet the needs of Nashville’s growing tech community but are limited until we have more classrooms and parking.
So we’re excited to announce our move to 301 Plus Park Blvd. in the spring of 2019! If that address sounds familiar, it’s because our prior classroom facility was down the street. While the street is the same, our new classroom facility is being designed to improve on our current location. There will be no “spider rooms,” as described by some of our alumni who were in our last location on Plus Park Blvd.
The new location will include:
- Six classrooms
- A larger snackery (our breakroom) with more microwaves, refrigerators, and a working ice machine
- Standing counters in the hackery and snackery
- Better sound control in the hackery
- Phone booths with better soundproofing for phone interviews
- A private workspace for our instructors
- A more functional reception area to greet guests
- Evening students will have a security card for after-hours access, no more Slacking classmates to get back inside
- A great view with lots of trees
- P-l-e-n-t-y of parking
Big Plans For 2019
In 2019, we will be going from six full-time bootcamps to seven, six full stack bootcamps and one front-end web design/developer bootcamp. We will be expanding our Analytics and Data Science program, beginning with Analytics Jumpstart in February and then followed by another new program around mid-year. Plus, we’ll be developing additional continuing education courses for alumni and the community which will launch in late 2019 or early 2020.
Our move date is slated for March 1st, but we will have a better idea of the timeline in the new year. We will keep students informed of our move date when the buildout nears completion. Classes will remain at our current facility until the new location is ready.
Watch for more updates on our new facility - and we’ll see all y’all at a launch event sometime in the Spring!